Friday, December 17, 2010

Week 7


Hi there bloggers! Next week will be my last week of internship. I can hardly wait for the moment since what I need for now is a vacation. Eh, at least a holiday.


Monday (13 December 2010)
On Monday, I had been asked by Mrs. Liza to do some filing on staff traveling expenses. Filing, filing, and filing again? Sometimes I wonder, maybe if my industrial training held for at least 3 months, I would get a challenging task. Enough said. Besides that, I had been assigned by Mrs. Devi to update the information on Goods Receiving list for Oct'10-July'11 by referring to the Purchase Order bill. It is very important to have such list so that in future if anything, we can refer to the list. And last but not least, I photocopied some documents as instructed by Mrs. Christina and Mrs. Liza.

Tuesday
(14 December 2010)
What a nice day on Tuesday. At first, I had to photocopy documents. Then, Mrs. Christina asked me to check the journals that she received from the DMR (Digital Mail room). I had to ensure that we (Global Services Centre) received back all listed journals. After that, I asked Miss V-Ting if she needed my help. Then she asked me to help her compiled all management plan for IT department for budget (capital expenditures, training expenses, etc). This is what I called, happiness. I love doing things that a bit challenging. Do you know why is it important to have such management plan? It will be reference for the company (Global Service Centre), to predict and forecast for the next year budget. How many they need workers, and the costs that will be involved. There was much information that I have to copy and compiled together but Alhamdulillah I managed to complete it. Then, as usual I had to do some filing for documents. After lunch hour, I went to Wisma Sime Darby to sent documents to someone from the Tax Department.

Wednesday
(15 December 2010)
Early in the morning, I had been asked by Mrs. Liza to shred unwanted papers. Then, I had to edit the Management Plan for Finance Department and also IT Department as instructed by Miss V-Ting. She wanted me to make it more precise, in terms of the list of items. It would be easier for the upper management to read all the account information whenever needed in future. After finished, then, I copied the files and gave it to Miss V-Ting using her pendrive.

Thursday
(16 December 2010)
Filing again? Hehe. As usual, I had to do some filing for staff claim documents. Ever wonder why I always did filing? It is because Mrs. Liza was the person in-charge regarding employees travel claims, medical expenses, etc. And when the DMR sent the documents regarding the matter I mentioned before to her, she had to keep it in file for future reference. And, since I was an intern there so she will ask for my help to keep those documents. Hehe. Other than that, I had to scan documents for Mrs. Christina and stamped "received" at the documents. Lastly, I made some corrections on the Management Plan for IT & SM files. I forgot to paste some numbers in the Management Plan for IT. After make sure that the information was correct, then I sent the files back to Miss V-Ting. Alhamdulillah. From the mistakes I made. I learnt that we should not do any mistakes especially in terms of budget. If the number is over the real-budget is okay, but if it is under-budget, then there will be problems. Besides that, who knows if the upper level manager (the boss), did not checked whether the information that we provided is accurate or not. Lesson learnt.

Friday
(17 December 2010)
Walking, is one of my hobby. I will feel happy whenever anyone asked me to go to Wisma Sime Darby. And early in the morning, I had been asked by Mrs. Christina to send documents to Mrs. Chua Say Yik from the Tax Department, Wisma Sime Darby (Level 13). After I met Mrs. Chua, I went back to Menara UniAsia. After I came back, Mrs. Liza asked me to do filing for some documents regarding the travel expenses claim, staff claims and also other account payables.

No comments:

Post a Comment